User Review( votes)
How CBD Improve Your Immune Health. Immune health is a term that is often used in the world of wellness and health. People often use the term to refer to habits and products that are thought to strengthen your immune system and help you stay healthy. CBD is among the newer products that are believed to help boost the human body’s immune system.
CBD is fairly new and not much is known yet on how it works and its benefits. But, some studies conducted have already shown how CBD improve your immune health.
The Immune System and Endocannabinoid System
It was not too long ago when the endocannabinoid system or simply ECS was discovered and experts are still in the process of learning how this works inside and with the body. However, based on the things that were already discovered, the sure thing is that ECS helps maintain and establish balance or homeostasis between the different systems of the body.
The body produces endocannabinoids as required to help regulate or modulate cell function, and this includes the cells in the immune system. See the article : The Anatomy of How CBD Creates Homeostasis In Our Body
CBD and Its Effects on the Immune System
Some studies have discovered that CBD has an influence on the body’s immune system. To be more specific, studies have revealed that CBD has some anti-inflammatory properties and this works as an immunomodulator and immunosuppressant. Most of the studies discuss the immunosuppressant CBD yet these studies are filled with some unknown scientific terms. Below is a quick rundown of how CBD improve your immune health as an immunosuppressant.
- CBD has some anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the inflammatory response of the immune system. Inflammation is an essential response that can isolate infected areas and prevent the spread of toxins.
- CBD can help prevent rapid cellular growth or proliferation.
- CBD can encourage cellular death or apoptosis.
- CBD can even repress the production of chemokine. Chemokine is the group of cytokines that serve as chemoattractants. They direct the immune cells to the infection site to allow the white blood cells to attack the invading microbes and destroy them.
- CBD can suppress or modulate the secretion and function of cytokines. These cytokines are the large protein groups that specific cells in the immune system secrete. Their main function is to signal molecules responsible for regulating the body’s production of white blood cells, inflammation and immunity.
- CBD can also suppress the function and production of T-cells that ultimately suppress the ability of the immune system to remember the foreign invaders.
This list is pretty impressive but if you are otherwise healthy person, this list may seem like the exact kind of things that you would want to avoid at all cost.
Ideally, the last thing you want is to suppress the inflammatory response of your body as toxins may spread throughout other parts of the body. You wouldn’t want to encourage unnecessary death of cells nor would you want to halt the healthy growth of cells.
You also wouldn’t want to suppress those proteins that signal the immune response and direct white blood cells to the exact place they should be. And for sure, you wouldn’t want to stop the T-cell function and hinder the ability of your body to destroy the antigens and remember them. See also, How CBD Can Boost Your Immune System
CBD Products to boost immune health
There are a range of CBD products out there in the market. See our article on : 20 Trusted CBD Companies and Products. Before you go ahead and purchase any CBD product, it is recommended to first consult with your physician in other to establish the dosage and type of CBD product to take for your medical condition.